This Catholic Journey Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

misunderstandings of our faith

3 posters

Go down

misunderstandings of our faith Empty misunderstandings of our faith

Post by wonder4u Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:39 pm

i am convinced it is difficult to be catholic. God gave us quite a challenge to remain faithful. i am bound to do so though. i recently e-mailed a minister who has a tv program called Quick Study, a program i watch with my friend. i asked why i hear underlying negative implications about the catholic church. he responded back that the bible states Jesus is who we worship and Mary has no part in it and Jesus is the head of the church and not the pope. he had scripture verses for reference. it never ceases to amaze me that they think we worship Mary. why do these ministers spend so much effort knocking catholic beliefs. he proved me right about my thinking i was hearing subtle remarks in his program wondwe4u

wonder4u
Seeker

Number of posts : 23
Faith : catholic
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

misunderstandings of our faith Empty Re: misunderstandings of our faith

Post by ApostleBJP Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:07 pm

You knowq wonder, everytime I try to even look at a Protestant ministry on TV I am convinced that I am almost like an alcoholic. In other words, I cannot handle the stuff. Likewise, as I am a Catholic, the more I read and study the Bible, the more I see Catholic teachings in it. All the Protestant ministries teach truths while the Catholic Church (the founding Church) teach the Truth. It was insituted by Christ and started by Peter. If you keep your mind in the Bible, the Catechism and Mary you will never go wrong.

ApostleBJP
Seeker

Number of posts : 4
Faith : Catholic
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by wonder4u Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:00 am

thank you ApostleBJP for your answer. i feel lately i need support in this matter. you see, i am very close to this person and it becomes difficult to have differing beliefs. just the other day we had words about being saved. he believes once saved always saved and works here on earth are unnessary for salvation. i believe faith and works go hand in hand and both are required. again pray for me with this problem. i will keep the faith and never leave, but this relationship remains difficult wonder4u

wonder4u
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by ApostleBJP Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:47 am

wonder4u wrote:thank you ApostleBJP for your answer. i feel lately i need support in this matter. you see, i am very close to this person and it becomes difficult to have differing beliefs. just the other day we had words about being saved. he believes once saved always saved and works here on earth are unnessary for salvation. i believe faith and works go hand in hand and both are required. again pray for me with this problem. i will keep the faith and never leave, but this relationship remains difficult wonder4u

Christianity, particularly Catholic Christianity, is a difficult thing to live. These days there are ministries that tell us that Catholics are out of tune with the Bible. However, if you keep reading the Catechism, and keep reading the weekday missal readings and that of the Sunday Mass, how could you, or anyone else, go wrong. That is why I watch alot of EWTN. I read alot of Catholic material. Listen, I happen to be in Texas- the "buckle of the Bible belt?" Well, I am beginning to see that the Bible belt is where the Catholics are starting to wake up. Let's not forget that EWTN is in the Bible belt (that's right, sing it with me"Sweet home, Alabama.) So we know what is starting to be true and what is just fluff. I think I heard somewhere that Mother was dancing to the Lynard Skinard song on her way to Iorndae, Alabama from Ohio. LOL Just kidding folks!!

ApostleBJP
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by wonder4u Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:01 pm

ApostleBJP..i find the bible a very difficult read. i have prayer books that i have read from all my life..do u also find the bible difficult to understand? i want to read it more but just can't seem too. wonder4u

wonder4u
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by ApostleBJP Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:14 am

wonder4u wrote:ApostleBJP..i find the bible a very difficult read. i have prayer books that i have read from all my life..do u also find the bible difficult to understand? i want to read it more but just can't seem too. wonder4u

You are right, the Bible is difficult. I try to stick with the Chatechism and also I try to read out of the St. Joseph Weekday Missal and the Sunday Missal. I find that they have prayers in there that I can read. I have Rosaries, but I still have not memorized that prayer, so I rarely use that one, but I think about Mary all the time.

ApostleBJP
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:47 am

wonder, you can always pick up a bible study guide that can help you understand the Bible better! They even have Catholic ones!
Amber
Amber
Neophyte
Neophyte

Female Number of posts : 101
Faith : Non-denominational to Catholic
Registration date : 2008-02-16

http://thiscatholicjourney.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content