This Catholic Journey Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am still amazed at my faith

2 posters

Go down

I am still amazed at my faith Empty I am still amazed at my faith

Post by Benedict John-Paul Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:33 am

Here it is almost six months since my baptism and four months since my confirmation and I am still learning a lot about myself and my faith that I did not know. In the Protestant faith I was told that I was resposible for trying to find God, and that I had to ask Him into my life through Jesus Christ. However, if I am hearing Father Mitch in his homily on EWTN, it is not us that are searching for God, but it is GOD searching for us in much the same way that He was searching for Adam and Eve after they had hidden from God after they discovered that they were naked.

This comes to a real relief to me, because that is what one of my original questions when I first started learning about the faith. Further more, I was pleased to hear Father Corapi say today his his program that God does not send anyone to Hell unless the person makes the ultimate decision that they DO NOT believe in Him. I hope I remember hearing that right, but the first part I know that I have right. After years of thinking that I had to search for God, it was Him searching for me, and once he found me and I said that I believe in Him and the Church in which Christ founded, then like the Prodigal Son, He has welcomed me back with open and loving arms.
Benedict John-Paul
Benedict John-Paul
Seeker

Male Number of posts : 17
Faith : Catholic
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

I am still amazed at my faith Empty Re: I am still amazed at my faith

Post by Amber Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:09 am

Benedict John-Paul wrote:Further more, I was pleased to hear Father Corapi say today his his program that God does not send anyone to Hell unless the person makes the ultimate decision that they DO NOT believe in Him.

It is our willful act to sin that tells God we have turned our back on him. He never SENDS anyone... we choose hell through our sinful actions. This is why we must form our consciences well... for remaining in mortal sin and refusing to repent before our death, could very well land us in hell. Believing in his existence is never enough... We must accept the grace of forgiveness and always strive to live a holy life in obedience to him!

Praise God for the sacrament of reconcilation!
Amber
Amber
Neophyte
Neophyte

Female Number of posts : 101
Faith : Non-denominational to Catholic
Registration date : 2008-02-16

http://thiscatholicjourney.com

Back to top Go down