This Catholic Journey Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Divine Mercy

5 posters

Go down

Divine Mercy Empty Divine Mercy

Post by Mary1973 Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:15 am

Do you think that there is too much emphasis on Divine Mercy Sunday? Does it seem to be overshadowing Easter?
Mary1973
Mary1973
Neophyte
Neophyte

Female Number of posts : 68
Faith : Roman Catholic
Registration date : 2008-02-19

http://www.marylawlor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Divine Mercy Empty Divine Mercy Sunday

Post by Jeanne Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:37 am

Happy Easter Mary and all!

I used to think that Divine Mercy was unnecessary because there is the Power of the Cross and Jesus death and Resurrection..........what more could we need?

But I believe that the world needs God's Mercy in a variety of forms or messages. Divine Mercy will appeal to some where Easter just doesn't cut it.

For those of us who are middle aged or seniors, Laughing , the Easter Story has been told annually for 4 dozen times. There could be a little, or a lot, of desensitization. Then in steps Divine Mercy
and sweeps us off our feet and into His waiting arms.

Just my 2cents.

Though, on the other hand, those who love Jesus will take all His Holydays and feastdays with joy and right revelry.

Jeanne
Jeanne
Jeanne
Seeker

Female Number of posts : 12
Faith : Catholic (revert)
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Divine Mercy Empty Re: Divine Mercy

Post by Amber Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:36 pm

Truth be told I don't know much about Divine Mercy Sunday. I heard of it for the first time this week...
Amber
Amber
Neophyte
Neophyte

Female Number of posts : 101
Faith : Non-denominational to Catholic
Registration date : 2008-02-16

http://thiscatholicjourney.com

Back to top Go down

Post by corey Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:45 am

Jesus himself told St. Faustina that he wanted the first Sunday after Easter to be venerated as Divine Mercy Sunday. I believe if Jesus himself wanted it that way, then it must be o.k.
corey
corey
Catechumen
Catechumen

Male Number of posts : 25
Faith : Catholic
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary1973 Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:25 am

Amber wrote:Truth be told I don't know much about Divine Mercy Sunday. I heard of it for the first time this week...

The devotion has not been around that long. I only became aware of it a couple of years ago. EWTN shows the ceremony that takes place at the national shrine in Stockbridge, MA. At 4:00 Eastern (3:00 Central), they then broadcast their own ceremony from the shrine in Hanceville.

For more info: www.divinemercy.org.
Mary1973
Mary1973
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by RobK Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:59 am

I don't think enough attention is paid to this. The Church has made the second Sunday of Easter Divine Mercy Sunday. This is not optional, this is part of the Calendar. There are so many parishes that ignore it.

There are so many people who don't know about it. At our parish, about 250 people attended our ceremonies. This is in comparison to the thousands that came at Easter. I don't think it overshadows Easter. Christ came to redeeem us, It is his divine mercy that redeeems us. We need to humbly seek that out so that we might share in his resurection. So many just move on and do not seek his mercy.

RobK
Seeker

Male Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary1973 Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:40 am

Yes, our parish ignores it also. I watched the ceremony on EWTN. I was so happy that it didn't rain in Stockbridge.
Mary1973
Mary1973
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content