This Catholic Journey Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapel in the Mall

2 posters

Go down

Chapel in the Mall Empty Chapel in the Mall

Post by Mary1973 Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:01 pm

I live in Bergen County, NJ. Paramus, NJ is the home of many shopping malls. The oldest one, now named the Bergen Town Center, has been the home to a Carmelite Chapel since its inception. It is served by retired priests and there are 3 masses on weekdays and 4 on Saturday (2 Saturday and 2 vigil).

I go there for First Saturday Mass and also because confession is heard the old fashioned way. Most of the congregants are on the older side but some young people also come. I love to go to Mass there because the priests are so holy and reverent. Even though the Mass goes quickly (about a half hour), it never seems rushed and they always seem to give a nice homily.

The people definitely have a pre-Vatican II leaning (even the young ones) and they have kept many of the devotionals that many parishes have done away with such as the Rosary after Mass and novenas.

Since the mall is undergoing renovation, it was feared that the Chapel would be eliminated. I guess the owners knew a good thing when they saw it and the Chapel was moved and will continue to be a mainstay of the mall.

If you are ever in the area, I hope you will check it out.
Mary1973
Mary1973
Neophyte
Neophyte

Female Number of posts : 68
Faith : Roman Catholic
Registration date : 2008-02-19

http://www.marylawlor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Chapel in the Mall Empty Re: Chapel in the Mall

Post by Amber Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:26 am

WOW! Very interesting! I'm so pleased to hear the chapel will remain! What a blessing! Smile
Amber
Amber
Neophyte
Neophyte

Female Number of posts : 101
Faith : Non-denominational to Catholic
Registration date : 2008-02-16

http://thiscatholicjourney.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum