This Catholic Journey Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Show Tonight "Catholic Church: Builder of Civilization"

3 posters

Go down

TV Show Tonight "Catholic Church: Builder of Civilization" Empty TV Show Tonight "Catholic Church: Builder of Civilization"

Post by MaBeck Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:20 am

Hope you are all having a joyous Easter!

Just wanted to let you know about a new(ish) show on EWTN that will air today(Wednesdays) at 5PM.
It's called "Catholic Church: Builder of Civilization" and it features Dr. Thomas Woods, Jr., who wrote "How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization."

I watched last week's episode and was thrilled. It is a really fantastic show, and Tom has no shortage of fascinating facts to share. This week's episode is devoted solely to priests and their contributions to the development of Western civilization.

Last week, Tom talked briefly about the guy who organized the Periodic Table of the Elements. After he started the table, the man realized that every single element shared the characteristics of the adjacent elements. The man saw this as proof that the universe is mathematically organized and therefore created by a Higher Power. However, when the man got to the 21st spot on the chart, he couldn't find the element which belonged there. So sure was he that there WAS an element out there that belonged in this slot that he LEFT IT BLANK, saying, "One day, they will discover the element which goes in slot 21."
Lo and behold, ten years later, scientists discovered Scandium, which fit neatly between spaces 20 and 22!

(This was part of Tom's explanation of how it is a scientific fact that the universe is ordered and structured and not chaotic as the Babylonians believed.)

Tune in if you can - you won't be disappointed.

MaBeck
Seeker

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Back to top Go down

TV Show Tonight "Catholic Church: Builder of Civilization" Empty Re: TV Show Tonight "Catholic Church: Builder of Civilization"

Post by Amber Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:42 pm

WOW! Sounds great! I'll try not to miss it! Thanks for the info!
Amber
Amber
Neophyte
Neophyte

Female Number of posts : 101
Faith : Non-denominational to Catholic
Registration date : 2008-02-16

http://thiscatholicjourney.com

Back to top Go down

TV Show Tonight "Catholic Church: Builder of Civilization" Empty Re: TV Show Tonight "Catholic Church: Builder of Civilization"

Post by Mary1973 Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:22 am

Sorry, I missed this. I did read his book, however.
Mary1973
Mary1973
Neophyte
Neophyte

Female Number of posts : 68
Faith : Roman Catholic
Registration date : 2008-02-19

http://www.marylawlor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down