This Catholic Journey Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Choir Members

2 posters

Go down

For Choir Members Empty For Choir Members

Post by Mary1973 Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:06 pm

Please remember all of the people who sing in choirs that they do well during Holy Week. It is truly the most intense week of the year and also the most wonderful.
Mary1973
Mary1973
Neophyte
Neophyte

Female Number of posts : 68
Faith : Roman Catholic
Registration date : 2008-02-19

http://www.marylawlor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

For Choir Members Empty Re: For Choir Members

Post by CFaith Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:04 pm

Thank you for reminding us to support this important ministry. Music blesses my soul every single day, and music at mass is something I especially look forward to every week.
I am actually practicing up my keyboards so I can be a substitute pianist for our parish. We have like 2500 registered families, and only one guy who plays for us, so if he's sick, mass is pretty droll. Please remember me in your prayers, that the Lord will guide my fingertips, and encourage my motivation. I am not the best pianist in the world, but my parents did pay for years of piano lessons so I could learn to play for my own enjoyment, and Lord willing, play at church too. Mom, Dad, here you go!

CFaith
Seeker

Female Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary1973 Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:36 pm

I bet you will do just fine. You don't have to be the world's greatest pianist. Our organist just plays the melody with her right hand and chords with her left. It sounds fine.
Mary1973
Mary1973
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by CFaith Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:57 pm

The thing is, I'm not doing it to glorify my ego, thank goodness - because in and of myself, I would never feel that I was "good enough". I want to offer this gift to Him and His Body to enhance and edify whatever situation I am honored to attend. I thought it was sad when a friend told me that they had a funeral at our church recently, and there was no one to play the keyboard. That was when I knew it was time for me to stop thinking about helping out, and actually step up to the plate... and who knows, maybe someone with greater skills will hear my feelbe attempts, and they will step up to the plate. I'd be happy to step aside if they did!
Pax Christi

CFaith
Seeker

Female Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary1973 Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:53 pm

I am not a trained singer but do have a gift from God. I just ask Him to help me sing well. I am sure He will do the same for you.
Mary1973
Mary1973
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content